Sunday 15 April 2012

Mummy's 1st Drive To The Beach

Another layout for Shimelle's online crop challenges, this time for challenge 5 (see here) to create a page using a specific layout by Wilna Furstenberg as inspiration.

I've used Wilna's techniques of tone-on-tone punched shapes on cardstock, her negative-space lettering title, and the linear journaling:

Supplies: Pink Paislee Nantucket 'Jumbo Shrimp' Paper, Ephemera, and Wood Shapes, Old School Element Stickers, Papermania White Cardstock, Sassafrass, Cosmo Cricket, and My Little Shoebox Alphas, Scrap of brown paper with letters cut using Slice Die-Cutter,  Martha Stewart Vintage Doily Punch, Kars Blue Gems, 3D Foam Dots, Uniball Black Gel Pen.















































































I chose the beach umbrella embellishment because that day I had taken a parasol, but it was really windy so it blew away, and I had to chase it down the beach! I forgot to write this in the journaling though, so I now need to think of a creative way to add this extra story.

I'm starting to run out of Nantucket papers now, and I think I'll miss them when they're gone. I'm tempted to try and buy some more, but there's so many new papers to spend my money on. What do you think, buy some more of a collection that I love before it disappears, or just appreciate the pages I've made with it so far, and move on to exciting new items? What would you do? x

7 comments:

debs14 said...

You are so lucky to live so close to Studland and how lovely that now you can drive you can go there as often as you like! I love the way you have interpreted the example layout.
I completely understand your dilemma on the paper, I am the same but it seems that there is always something new to love on the horizon so use it up, enjoy it and find something new!

Alison said...

I'm with Deb...enjoy it and move on to something new...great take on the challenge!
Alison xx

Jo said...

A beautiful page with stunning photos. I would enjoy the layouts you've done and move on to new papers x

alexa said...

This is such a lovely sunny page and perfect for your story! A worthy companion to Wilna :). Oooh, go for new!

val said...

cute layout!

Patricia said...

Your layout caught my eye over at Shimelle's blog! Just wanted to say it turned out great!

Lisa-Jane said...

That's a wonderful layout too! Tricky decision about the papers... I think unless you have a definite plan for them or you've seen the new summer stuff and don't like it as much, then I would hold off but they are lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...